Toys for Tots Open Skate
Thursday, December 2nd, 6pm-8pm
$5 donation or a new, unwrapped toy to participate
See the tabs below for additional information including COVID-19 policies
Toys for Tots Open Skate
December 2, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
The ASM Global managed Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza will open its doors once again for public ice skating on Thursday, December 2nd for the Toys for Tots Open Skate presented by Utz in support of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program.
Anyone bringing a new, unwrapped toy or making a $5.00 contribution to Toys for Tots is permitted to participate in the Open Skate.
The Open Skate will run from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Complimentary snacks will be available for guests’ courtesy of Utz Snack Foods and light refreshments will be available for purchase with partial proceeds donated to Toys for Tots.
All guests in attendance will have the opportunity to win some great prizes while at the event including the following:
- Disney On Ice tickets
- Harlem Globetrotters tickets
- Jason Isbell tickets at the F.M. Kirby Center
- Red Robin gift card
- Prize pack from Mohegan Sun Pocono
- Prize pack from LT Verrastro
- Family passes to SkyZone Pittston
- Tickets for an upcoming WBS Penguins game
This is the only day throughout the year that the public is allowed to skate on the ice at Mohegan Sun Arena, home to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Patrons must bring their own skates to participate in the Open Skate. Mohegan Sun Arena will not have skates on site for rent and all guests that will be going on to the ice will need to be wearing skates.
Skate rentals are available at the Toyota SportsPlex (Community Ice Rink) at Coal St. in Wilkes-Barre for $4 per pair starting at 5PM on Wednesday, December 1st. There are a limited number of skate rentals available. Proper photo ID and a credit card must be presented to rent skates. All skates must be returned to the Toyota SportsPlex at Coal St. before 12pm on Friday, December 3rd. For more information on the Toyota SportsPlex, please visit their website at http://toyotasportsplex.com.
All guests are invited to attend
ASM Global reminds everyone attending events at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza to please adhere to the new hygiene and security policies in place consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Pennsylvania Department of Health guidance for the safety of all participants, guests and employees at the arena including:
- Face coverings and social distancing for guests who are fully vaccinated is not required but is strongly encouraged per current recommendations from the CDC
- All guests two years of age and older who are not fully vaccinated must wear face coverings during their visit except while actively eating or drinking
- Guests do not need to show physical proof of being fully vaccinated
- We will rely on our guests to accurately follow the guidelines based on their vaccination status
If a guest is experiencing any of the following, we ask that you stay home:
- A guest who has COVID-19 symptoms.
- A guest who has a COVID-19 test result pending.
- A guest who is under a healthcare provider’s care for a positive COVID-19 test.
- A guest who has been exposed to COVID-19 (unless fully vaccinated).