"I Go Back Tour"
with Kelsea Ballerini
Saturday, April 8th, 7:30pm
Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster.com and in person at the NBT Bank Box Office
Click the "About The Event" section below for more information
Apr 8, 2023 7:30 pm
I Go Back Tour
with special guest Kelsea Ballerini
Saturday, April 8th, 7:30pm
Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster.com or in person at the NBT Bank Box Office at Mohegan Sun Arena
ABOUT THE SHOW
When Kenny Chesney wrapped his 2022 Here And Now tour – playing to over 1.3 million people and breaking personal records in many of the 21 NFL stadiums he played – the East Tennessee songwriter/superstar knew he wanted to create a touring experience to make 2023 every bit as special. He made the decision to dial in on those cities that were a major part of establishing what has become the soundtrack of coming of age in the 21st Century, naming the tour I Go Back and taking his music to the fans beyond the stadium markets.
“I can still hear No Shoes Nation singing those songs after being apart for four whole summers,” Chesney, who just received 28 RIAA gold, platinum and multi-platinum certifications, says. “It’s a sound that reminds me how much music really means to people. It’s not about the numbers, but the joy you see on people’s faces – and the more I thought about it, the more I thought about taking the music to the people who were there when this thing was taking off.”
Joining the only country artist who’s made Billboard’s Top 10 Touring Acts of the Past 25 Years for the last 14 years for this highly anticipated tour is three-time GRAMMY nominee Kelsea Ballerini. A songwriting force, she launched her singular career with three consecutive No. 1s and a Best New Artist GRAMMY nomination and has not looked back. Having enlisted Kenny for their No. 1 “half of my hometown,” which won the 2021 Country Music Association Vocal Event and Video of the Year Award and was nominated for the 2022 CMA Single of the Year, she, too, embodies that feeling of loving where you’re from, but knowing your heart has bigger dreams.
“Music has taken me so many incredible places,” Ballerini says. “Around the world, singing with some of my heroes in pop, alternative and contemporary music, but singing with Kenny is going home. He was the only voice I heard on ‘half of my hometown,’ and when he comes in, it’s just like hitting the Knoxville city limits. So to be able to go out to those cities like the place he and I grew up with an artist who’s accomplished what he has, it’s a lot like going home.”
Hailed as “The King of the Road” by the Wall Street Journal and “The People’s Superstar” by the Los Angeles Times, Chesney’s music distills living beyond the media centers – recognizing the dignity, richness and fun of an authentic American life. As Variety offered of his immediacy and appeal: “classic-rock-infused country with his in-the-moment philosophy.”
“I Go Back 2023 is going to be so awesome,” Chesney raves. “To be able to take this music to where it comes from? To have Kelsea Ballerini out there with me, maybe even singing ‘half of my hometown’? It’s going to be a tour unlike any other – and I can’t wait.”
I Go Back 2023 is Presented by Blue Chair Bay Rum. American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets in select markets before the general public beginning Wednesday, November 23 at 10 a.m. local time through Thursday, December 1 at 10 p.m. local time. Tickets go on sale December 2 at 10 a.m. local time for the April 8th show at the ASM Global managed Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza at KennyChesney.com, Ticketmaster.com or in person at the NBT Bank Box Office at Mohegan Sun Arena.
PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY!
- Parking lots open at 3:00pm
- Gates are scheduled to open at 6:00pm
- Event start time is scheduled for 7:30pm
- Estimated event end time is approximately 10:45pm
- Heavy traffic congestion is expected on roadways around the arena between 4pm and 8pm
- GPS address: 255 Highland Park Blvd., Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
- General parking is $20 upon arriving at the venue parking lot
- Oversized vehicles/buses/RV’s will be charged based on the number of spaces to be utilized
- Parking fees may be paid with credit card/debit card/mobile pay or cash for this event
- Please have payment/parking passes ready when arriving at the parking booths to reduce the wait time for guests behind you
- Rideshare guests must enter the parking lot at the Highland Park Blvd. entrance
- The Highland Park Blvd. entrance and Mundy St. entrances will both be open for this event.
- Highland Park Blvd. is best accessible from Exit 168 on Interstate 81
- The Mundy St. entrance is accessible near the entrance to the Wyoming Valley Mall
- Guests with VIP/Reserved Parking passes must use the Highland Park Blvd. entrance. Please keep to the left as you enter the parking lot.
- A limited number of ADA parking spaces are available in the General and VIP Parking lots
- ADA Parking spaces are not available in the Reserved Lot
WHICH ENTRANCE SHOULD I USE?
To help limit congestion throughout the venue concourse upon arrival, please see the following for which entrance is best to utilize to get to your section.
- Guests with the following tickets are encouraged to use the Geisinger East Gate Entrance (Main Entrance):
- Sections 101-112
- Sections 201-212
- Floor sections 1, 4 & 7
- Guests with the following tickets are encouraged to use the West Gate Entrance (entrance near Highland Park Blvd):
- Sections 114-120
- Sections 213-220
- Floor sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 9
- Sandbar tickets
- Suite Level tickets (300 level)
- Guests with Sandbar tickets will be wrist banded after your tickets are scanned, so please have your entire party with you when you arrive, or transfer the tickets to the guest in advance
- Guests may access the floor through the stairwells at section 103, 106, 110, 114, 119 or on the concourse near the West Gate
- For guests on the floor, restrooms/concessions/elevator access are available through the VOM entrance by section 114
- The elevator to the floor or suite level is located on the concourse by section 112, which is closest to the West Gate Entrance
- Patrons arriving early may not use additional parking spaces for tailgating
- Portable restrooms will be available near the East Gate
Point and shoot cameras are permitted for this event.
No flash, professional lens or video/audio recording devices.
Children under the age of 2 do not need a ticket for the show if they are seated on the lap of a ticket holder.
If you have any questions or concerns during the event, please visit the Guest Relations desk located near section 110.